View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 01:17 PM   #21
vet57air

Re: Speakers in doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
They cut long beds down to short beds & do it well enough that a person wouldn't know the difference unless told.

Dashes that are hacked can be easily repaired to stock appearance again.

Rusted panels get replacement skins/patches all the time & you wouldn't be wiser on a painted truck unless the info is offered.

It's freakin' metal. And, it's metal of a 'custom' truck. A custom truck as-in not a restoration or even a resto-mod truck.

Cut the doors if you want speakers there. If @ some point you decide you don't want them in your doors any more, weld the holes back up & repaint that area of the door. It's been done once or twice..... @ least.
Well said. This appears to be a controversial subject. I get it if your doing a correct restoration and you have to fix some speaker holes that someone else put there its like .....dam! But if your doing a modified truck like me that has a custom frame, engine/trans, firewall will it really matter? Heck I raised my big hump trans tunnel 2" which took a bit of cutting. I am getting my stock radio converted with Aurora design internals and have purchased a Audison amp/dsp with 2 x 10" subs with 6.5" mids and tweeters so I have a bit of coin invested in the audio system and want it to be the best it can be.
I am including the link to my build so you can see what I have done.
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=785046&page=5
vet57air is offline   Reply With Quote