View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 11:32 AM   #34
vet57air

Re: Speakers in doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
I think it's clear that you should do what you want to do. But you did ask for opinions...

The point I was trying to make earlier is that YES, back in the day, people cut doors and dashes to get radios and speakers. That was really the only option 'back then' - but we aren't 'back then' any longer - there are hidden systems that don't cost too much and sound much better than any system that was ever stuffed in a dash or a door 'back then' - so, in other words, the only reason (in my pea brain) to cut dash or door today is because wants that specific look. And someone might! Those grilles are good looking. But my point is cutting in either spot is no longer a necessary evil.
Thx again for all your thoughts. I am trying to build the best pro-tour or resto-mod truck I can and I am doing it all myself....everything. I like the looks of the early C10's and am trying to keep that flavour in the build, but it is all about compromise. The interior will look stock, but custom steering wheel to accommodate the paddle shifter. Stock radio but updated with all the modern conveniences and able to run my amps/dps and custom speakers. Stock seat but updated with bolsters because if it was stock, meaning flat my ass would slide off in extreme cornering. You get the idea. I bought some retro sound kick panels and really don't like the look in my build. They stickout and scream modern. When I'm done you likely will not see any speakers. I just built a sub woofer box and used existing holes to mount it, but you will notice that it sits on a hugely modified transmission tunnel. I am building this truck for me.
Name:  woofer.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  58.4 KB
vet57air is offline   Reply With Quote