View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #121
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Ok. Re-worked the control assembly and it is now finished and functioning perfectly. Heater hoses and heater valve are in, the pressure lines are cut to length, but need to be crimped. Also worked on installing the compressor, which proved to be a fun time, since it didn't want to align with my serpentine setup. The bracket kit I used is from Nostalgic Air, made to convert an R4 mount to a Sanden, but the spacing was off by 1/4". Dunno if it was made for a different year setup, or my clutch is different, but a few shims took care of it and it seems to run true. We'll see once I start the engine again, which will be as soon as the Blazer tank goes back in...

The engine bay is looking a lot different than it did before- not sure if it's for the better or worse. I don't particularly like the look of the A/C, but it's form over function. Funny, most of the work I've done (wiring, plumbing, painting, etc) doesn't really show in pictures but at least I know it's done right.
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote