View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #123
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Started working on installing my cheesy stereo 'system' These truck box speakers came with the truck when I got it and have been bouncing around behind the seat not functioning for a while. Somewhere along the way, the power wire shorted to ground and smoked the other amp.

I simplified the setup by using only one amplifier and got to install my first piece of bed wood - I used it to build a mount for the amp (better than being wood-screwed to the cab floor like it was before) that will also serve to tie the boxes together and help keep them from sliding all over the cab. Worked some on wiring the head unit too- it is getting VERY tight behind the dash with all the new components installed. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna route the A/C ducting...

Hopefully no one steals my cheesy speakers. I know they look cool, but they're really cheap crap
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 04-06-2011 at 11:31 PM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote