View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #18
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: #the 77_remix

The concept for this latest update started several years ago. One of the pics of my 77 that was commonly used to be photoshopped was originally shot by me while watching Joseph Dowling do a photoshoot for Classic Trucks.

Jim Higgins did several of those photoshops and offered to do a couple for me. I requested one with a woodgrain insert and he obliged. Many versions were posted, but I kept that one private for a long time. Eventually it surfaced out on the web and prompted me to look at it again. Despite urging from my friend Keith Stephens (N2billet) I never felt compelled to pull the trigger on moving forward.

Many years later, Mike Pruitt sent me a copy of that infamous pic that he had found. He had a similar truck and wanted to duplicate the photo-shopped image. I said I would be flattered and wished him luck on his build. We kept in touch and he shared several ideas as his thoughts shifted in other directions that didnt include the woodgrain.

Ironically on the same day that I made the connection with Trent and Chris at @lowsierracompany Mike posted he had decided to do the same. The ability to acquire UV stable vinyl was the catalyst that we both needed. We messaged about what to do, and he graciously changed his plans. Thanks Mike, your a very understanding guy.

Heres the pic that started the thought process, and the concept for Elwood #the77_Remix
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 11-17-2017 at 10:58 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote