View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 08:39 PM   #3
Robznob11

Re: Tierod question????please help

Yes sir, no way to verify with rock auto. I know the older ones have a 5/8 thread. Left or right does not matter in my situation. I do also know that 72 1/2 ton uses a larger taper than the older 1/2 ton. But I think it may just be possible that the 3/4 ton older used the Same larger taper as the half ton new did. Only with a 5/8 thread. You might ask why do I want to know or who cares. Well custom adjusters are 30+each from cpp. You can get custom tierod adjusters (radius rods) from rod end supply any length around 11bucks each. They offer 5/8 thread or 3/4 thread. So say your doing a disc brake conversion on a 66 c10. Is it possible to have a half ton inner and 3/4 ton outer. Do you want to put a bump steer kit on a 72. You could then get a ready available radius rod use a 3/4 ton inner and heim joint outer
If it was the older style just use the 1/2 ton inner. Hardly anyone does 11/16 thread custom radius rods, especially for a decent price. But 5/8 are available many places and cheap. Even through speedway motors. So maybe we can expand our options.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote