View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 10:55 AM   #141
Snake72

Re: Grandpa's 72 restoration

Got my doors pretty close this weekend. Open and close great now, gaps are ok and have enough adjustment to get them nearly perfect. I had to cut 3/16" off the bottom door skins to clear rockers and get a good gap. I don't have the rolled over skin on the bottom now but tack welded the skin and inner door bottom together, I don't see a huge issue with this, may try seam sealer over the welds. Will probably weld 1/8" rod to front of both door skins to close the large fender/door gap.

Bent the passenger window hoop backwards, grinded the sharp corner off the hoop where it meets the wing window, hammered the door bottoms for clearance in a few spots where it was contacting the rocker. Had to bore out the hinge bolt holes where they mount to cab for more adjustment. Also straightened the rear lower driver door skin to match the cab corner contour.

The fenders mount up well but appear tilted forward. Lifting up the front of the fender gives me the good gaps to the door, will shim up the core support a little to help this. Lower rear fender bolt holes do not line up with cab mount support but I can make that work.

All in all, most of the tough fitting is done...I think...
Attached Images

Snake72 is offline   Reply With Quote