View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
enonz65c30

new truck means new projects sierra classic 3500

Good afternoon, I have not been on the forum for afew years as my 1965 c30 was put on the back burner with life(remodeling a 1917 farm house, got married ect.) Just wrapped up the house and got moved in and the phone rings.

My father in law wanted to know if i wanted his truck that he knew i liked from the day i saw it. I agreed and my wife is all for it, so in comes the 1988 GMC Sierra Classic 3500. It is a bit of a transition truck as a tag on the door reads 9/87. At the top of the tag reads Quality Truck Bodies & Repair. The story that i got was that the truck was a cab and chassis and was outfitted to tow campers(flat bed, gooseneck hitch, air bags in the front end, possibly a higher rear gear ratio) The Motor is a 454 with the sm465 transmission, power windows, power locks, and factory AC. The conditions for getting this truck other than the fee of $1, is that i have to drive it 70miles home(no trailer) and i can not sell it.

Which brings me to my first question. He had taken the column apart to replace something a couple of years back and has not put the column back together. I have ordered a service manual off ebay, but it will not be here for a week or two. does anyone have a diagram of how everything goes back together? after i get that sorted out and a new battery ill try and get it started and see where they exhaust leak is(he can not remember if it is on the head side or the y pipe side of the exhaust manifold)

thank you in advance for the help and if anyone has another things i should check before the road trip im all ears.
enonz65c30 is offline   Reply With Quote