View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 07:33 PM   #8
Category4performance

Re: 72 one owner C20 project

No that bed was purchased in 1972 at the Reading work bed factory when he was there having a bed put on the C20, Another guy drove that black truck into the factory to have a work bed put on his truck and my friend purchased the bed for $700, and had it crated and it was kept inside a climate controlled warehouse until i pulled it out last week, it has 2 scratches on the driver's side fender lip and some dust. There are markings from where it was bolted down to the original truck and that's all the damage that is on the bed. Not refinished all original just like the tail gate i have it has a date on the label we removed from Dec of 72 with a Note simply saying Tail gate for 72 C20 Chevy. The owner's wife has been looking through some old papers she claims she has the original window sticker and the original sales doc's along with the first plate issued. Under the hood it has an old-style A/C compressor hooked to a switch that engaged the clutch then if goes through a dryer and into a tank with a regulator that cuts the compressor when 120 psi is reached. Two air outlets one under the passenger side of the seat the other was in the work body from right toolbox. Also a nifty 89 Track player with FM a few other owner mods, One was the 8,000 Lb Waren winch that i removed.
Attached Images

Category4performance is offline   Reply With Quote