View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #16
skyphix

Re: LS turbo advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
Term X is hands down the easiest out there. Eventually you will want to get it tuned, but its a self learning system. You can start it, and drive it. Very easy to learn to tune with it also.

You can absolutely just freshen up a 5.3 and run 10lbs on it. The turbo will make the truck very quiet especially if you have mufflers on it. If you want to run more boost through it, those things i recommended arent very hard, or expensive.
100% what this guy says. I like tuning the GM ECU's, but am a novice at best. What I've seen of the Term X and Dom X are that they are way easier, with a bunch of features. I just like having as much factory stuff as I can possibly have living in the middle of no where.

And yes, a close to stock 5.3 (even the summit stage 1 or stage 2 turbo cams will make a big power difference, with minimal change to drivability) with a moderately sized turbo at 10lbs will be quiet, mild, and easy driving. And will be able to boil the tires at pretty much whatever prudent speed you're interested in.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote