View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 12:48 AM   #66
fishnixon

Re: Chev-odge: ‘71 K20 Cummins build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I have rough country 4" lift springs for a square body on my truck. I converted my truck to 4x4 and used the stock front hangers. I had to cut the frame for the shackle hanger so that allowed me to use the square body longer spring. I'm sure the 4" 67-72 springs will hold the weight as well. They will just ride more rough due to the shorter length.

If you have 3.08 gears you have the D61 and D71 axles. There used to be no aftermarket gears for those axles. There are some now.

It looks like you have a good collection of trucks there. Are you using the old powertrain in another project?
Good info…thanks. Yes, I have a few trucks. The 350/350 combo will be added to the stock pile, awaiting something or someone. I always thought that the small blocks I have would be great in a nova or something. The yellow C10 in back has the 402 in it and some nice options included. I have to get this Cummins together, then another C10 that’s on the rack with the drivetrain already done. I’d like to get a muscle car but I’d better sell one or two of these guys first. Running out of room and time. Heh heh…
fishnixon is offline   Reply With Quote