View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
100gold

Re: Worth Restoring- Dad's old truck

I've been working on the interior this week. Doing research on availability of the door panels and trim I realized I'd better take a very close look at what I had.

Hopefully you can see in the pics how dirty every thing was.

Everything I've read screams "use your original door panels if you can".

The wood insert panels are toast but thankfully those are available. The chrome moldings have to be saved though, as they are unavailable as far as I can tell.

Some degreaser and neverdull saved the chrome pieces and I think that I got the panels themselves clean enough to repaint with colorbond. Has anyone had experience with colorbond interior paint? How close does it match?

The sunvisors were a bear! The pass. side cleaned up pretty easily but on the drivers side.....well Dad was a 4 pack a day smoker.....you can imagine.

A good scrubbrush and they look great, or at least good enough that I think a light coat of colorbond will make them look fine.

The brackets on the sunvisors are also the parchment color. They could use a freshening up. Can I use the same colorbond for them also?

When I refer to colorbond I'm talking about the stuff that LMC offers in their catalog.

The headliner cleaned up well also. Again a light coat of the colorbond is in order here but more importantly it needs a new backing to give it better rigidity. My plan there is to take it to the upholsterer that is redoing the bench seat and have him reback it if it's cost effective. The chrome trim for the head liner is toast so it's on the parts list.....150 smackers for that ouch!

So a few pics next and comments and sage advice are welcome and appreciated!
Attached Images

100gold is offline   Reply With Quote