View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 11:33 AM   #376
gottattooz

Re: Jeep Trailblazer SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by biketopia View Post
Are you checking on an analog gauge or the sending unit. It's very easy to crack that sensor behind the intake, or mess up the wiring. Did you remove the pump, if so did you get the right o ring on the pick up and get it seated all the way? I didn't get any oil pressure after my cam swap in my 08 just cranking, put the coil and injector fuse in and fired it up, had oil pressure in a few seconds.
The sensor isn't the fragile tall plastic one. I've broken my share of those. It's a tiny metal one from the Ls2 valley pan. I replaced the oil pump with a melling 295 unit. I used the correct o-ring (i read the instructions because it came with 2 different o-ring options). The pick up tube has a groove for the o-ring. To the best of my knowledge i didn't pinch the o-ring. The problem is I'll have to pull the engine back out to check.

When i primed it the first time, i filled the port to the oil galley, left the injectors and coil packs disconnected and cranked it several times, looking at the gauge on the dash, waiting for it to move. Nothing. I watched a YouTube video by melling saying exactly what i already did. So i took a quart of oil, put the tip from a gear oil bottle on it, stuck it in the hose in the galley and poked a vent hole in it and let the whole thing drain into the oil galley. I fired it up two or three times with the injectors and coil packs connected. It fired right up, but sounded like silverware in a dryer. Never got oil pressure.

-Josh
2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote