Thread: YOM tags
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2022, 06:01 PM   #40
Ironhorse

Re: YOM tags

I run single YOM plates on all three of my classics. My 71 4x4, 71 Chevelle and 57 2 dr sedan. Kansas has two ways to go for classics, the YOM plate or a plain jane "antique" plate. Recently the state quit producing the stamped embossed plates and went with a smooth flat steel plate, letters and numbers. Yuch, I opted years ago for the YOM and while not required I did hold out until I found the correct county of residence plate for all three. $17 a year registration each, no inspection, no testing, no restrictions on use or mileage. With my Hagerty insurance also no restrictions on use. Why have a piece of Classic American Iron if I can't enjoy it when " I " want to and not when or where the state tells me I can drive it.

Recently found this plate at an auction and I was really VERY surprised I was able to snag it for a whopping $5 bid! My 57 has a Muncie 4 spd with a 283 with the optional 2x4s setup, not original to the car, added it many years ago. Runs great and gets a lot of comments at local car shows "but" don't think it would compare to a BBC. Love the plate tho!
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote