View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #59
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Another good score!

Yesterday I drove upstate to buy the GMC radiator core support from the same man that sold me the 67 front clip, and to view the doors that he has for sale. This radiator support is FAR more solid than my battery-destroyed one, and needs minimal work.
Imagine my surprise when I got to his shop and he showed me a GMC grille, and lighting harness that he had removed from his own truck! He has been installing a Chevy clip on this GMC of his, and these were the leftovers. The doors are in far better than average condition. They have a rusted out seam on the very bottom of them that should be easy to fix, but the rest of both doors is dent-free and even has working window rollers, good glass, and arm rests.
So I bought the radiator support for $160, the grill for $40, the intact wiring harness for $20, and am returning to buy the doors later (ran out of room in the wife's SUV, and money). This seller was going to charge me $200 for these matched doors, but due to the rusted seam I found, that price is now $150 for both.

PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009

Last edited by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA; 12-17-2018 at 12:35 PM.
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote