View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
c10addict

Project "Poison Ivy" 54 GMC

Well since my other trucks were built before I found this wonderful site I did not have build threads.. So today I am starting two...

I have been wanting an 47 to 54 truck for a while but kept buying 67 to 72's because of all the parts and knowledge I had.. Well it just so happened that I acquired a 98 S10 reg cab long bed.. It was my grandfathers truck, he passed in Feb and I ened up with it for FREE.. What a perfect opportunity to do a chassis swap... So I started the search for a 47 to 54... I wanted a clean truck with good original patina... Yes I am on the shop truck/Rat sytle band wagon right now.. Probably because I enjoy my 64 shop truck more than any other car/truck I have ever owned.. Its a cool old ride that you don't have to worry about rain or leaving it in a parking lot at the store..

Well my search turned up a 54 GMC... As soon as I had seen it I knew I had to have it... the truck sports an all original exterior right down to the lettering that is on the doors.. The GMC runs and drives great right now!! Almost ashame to rip it apart but I like technology and want to be able to roll down the highway 80 mph... The truck is super solid so when the shop truck thing dies off I have a good foundation for a show truck... Plans for now are to blow the S10 apart and start cleaning the frame... I am going to run drop spindles and bags in the front to start... Not sure about the rear yet but I am thinking a 3 link is soon to follow... I am leaving the 4.3 in the truck for now with the 4L60E... I will drive it like that for a while and build a small block with a tri power set up in the future.. Here are two pics of the GMC.. I want this to be done this summer.. Stay tuned for more..
Attached Images

54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile

Last edited by c10addict; 04-16-2009 at 11:24 AM.
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote