Thread: Tbone1964
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #7
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Tbone1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig7 View Post
I have what might be a dumb question for you. I have a 69 GMC C1500, I have been tracing wires for my fuel gauge and on my cluster plug there is a wire black that says it is the fuel gauge feed. It goes from the plug and hangs down with a clip type of thing on the end. Can you tell me where that goes and is it a ground. I am trying to get my fuel gauge working again. I put in a new turn signal switch and now I am having problems. With the fuel gauge and brake lights, everything else works fine. But that one wire is really getting to me not knowing anything about it. Can you help me please?
Feeling stupid!
No need to feel stupid This stuff can be a little complex but I will try and simplify so you can diag.

Can you post clear photos here of your fuse panel. fuel gauge feed at the fuse panel should be a single tan wire that goes to the sending unit.

The gauges/cluster get ground through the harness connector. Cavity 7 of the cluster connector is black and grounds the complete cluster.

What does your fuel gauge do or not do? Key on or key off?

Sorry I took a long time to reply to this.

Let me know if you still need help.

Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote