Thread: Project S-10?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 12:40 AM   #65
BIG10

Re: Project S-10?

Truck looks great. I had a 98 that I bought new. It was a reg cab, 2.2, 5 spd, but the dark green w/tan interior. My grille did the same thing right after I bought it. It was replaced under warranty and then faded out again. I sold the truck to my dad about 18 months later with 55k miles on it. Never had any mechanical issues. Funny, the 98 had the newer grille, but the older mirrors. The newer "dumbo" mirrors came out in 99 and I wanted them. Oh well, every one is different.

That truck rode really well. It was nice and smooth on the highway, just didn't have any power. I wish I had known about those mods back then. I couldn't top a hill on the highway in 5th gear with the a/c on. I later bought a 2001 Sonoma ZQ8 4.3/auto. Big difference in power, but it also sucked down the fuel.

I sometimes think about picking up another 2.2 for commuting purposes. I have a 4-cyl Nissan Frontier currently. It's a great truck and consistently gets 24 mpg no matter how I drive it, but not as much fun to mod as an S10.

Again, that's a nice little commuter you have there. Thanks for sharing.

1978 Big 10 Silverado, 355 + 700R4 + 3.42 + factory tach + A/C + dual tanks + working cruise control = awesome highway cruiser.
BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote