View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 02:39 PM   #102
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Marmite.

Chalk n Cheese.

Give and Take.

Wheels from other brands.

Still have the hots for a set of these, I see they come as low as £120.00 for 4 with or without tyres.

So with the 5x120 size here, a lot of non-GM wheels will be needing spacers to place them right in the arches.

Yesterday afternoon around 5.00pm I saw some 5x120 BMW 20mm spacers with a 72mm centre bore on Marketplace for £20.00 including 9 bolts about 10 miles from here.

The S10 uses Nuts, not bolts, so missing one was fine, and these can be used for trading again at some point.

Contacted the seller to say I was interested but could only collect today if I went out for some hardware, and that he should sell them if another buyer came up.

“Where do you live, I am headed out for some food shopping in a few minutes”

Told him where I lived, and he said he would run by and just drop them off on the driveway en route to the grocery store.

So half an hour later I traded, a pack of Haribo Mix for his kids in the car and some cash for him. Saved me 20 miles driving and specific planning.

Nice way to end my day........; now to find something interesting to fit for winter wheels. (No, absolutely do not need them, you are right)

Went to bed late, woke too early, by 05.00 so sat chatting with Dennis in St Louis about life and the 66 NASCAR C10 Truck build that is progressing.

Later he went to bed and I went down for breakfast.

Pleasant surprise outside.

Rain had stopped, thankfully, as I had a few plans for today.

Plan one for today was to fit the resistors over the LED indicator wires.

One on each side.

Front end disassembled again, easier every time as you learn your way around this truck.

Outside was 3’C and shady, plus there was a brisk breeze, cutting through 4 layers, that was less than pleasant.

This is the mess I found.

Remember the wiring on the Blazer? That was certainly worse, and I got that lot tidied up.

Tried to get the soldering iron warm enough to undo the joins the cowboy who did the original wiring “modifications” had done was fun, it actually did not get warm enough.

Mate Martin had given advice remotely as well, as he speaks electrics in his sleep. But a bit of a struggle for my little brain overall.

@craigrk suggested I remove all the mess and use some of these plugs units.

So I ordered them off eBay for delivery next weekend.and will solder in new wires and connections.

Reassembled. Amber bulbs fitted temporarily.

https://youtu.be/jyv9UAEtv4Q

After this I came in to warm up and also had a delivery.

One more small job left to do a bit later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote