View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 01:38 PM   #5
SCOTI

Re: 1967 5x4.75 help

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaker 1985 View Post
Hi Guys, Long time lurker 1st time poster.
Needing help converting my Dad's 67 to 5x4.75 disc.
He has a set of wheels that he has his heart set on and I want to find a way to make it happen for him. From what I've read we can get a stock spindle bolt on kit, but it will increase the track width. I'm still not sure if it's 1.25 per side or over all. I don't believe we have the room for 1.25 per side.
Other option is, we have a set of spindles and calipers that I believe to be 71-72 but I'm not sure how to confirm. I know they make a 6x5.5 to 5x4.75 conversion rotor for the 71+ but I'm unsure of what ball joints and tie rods/ adjuster sleeves to use.

I'm thinking it would just be the conversion rotors, 71-72 ball joints and tie rods with the conversion adjuster sleeves if I can confirm that those are indeed 71-72 spindles

Any advice y'all can give will be greatly appreciated. Dad's getting on up in his age and has already had a heart transplant, I want to do everything I can to get him in his 67 ASAP

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can offer
The drum to disc conversion does add to the track width. Typically it will be 3/8 -.500" each side. There are aftermarket spindles made that reduce this track width increase (CPP's Modular spindle) but they're only available for the HD 1.25" rotor size.

If desiring to go that route, search for a machine shop that can re-drill the 5x5 pattern to the car/5x4.75 pattern if you don't have the proper equipment to DIY.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote