View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 08:02 AM   #12
Ironworking

Re: Hello Chevy Trucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sage View Post
Hi this is Blue Sage coming at cha! I bought a great '67 GMC Camper Cruiser with a '67 Travel Queen camper on it about twelve years ago. Had a little mechanical accident when a 1/4 inch bolt dropped down the spark plug hole (please don't tell anyone! So embarrassing. I'm about to rebuild it and am scared to death! It's a 351e - apparently a rare beast with huge cylinders. I love the truck, talk about a heavy duty frame! I'm hoping I can get at least 15 MPG out of it as it's a notoriously inefficient engine and has the wrong carburator on it and the camper is from the 60's and heavy. All advice welcome! Cheerio, Blue Sage
Welcome aboard! My dad owned a 72 GMC and it sucked gas like an elephant. 6 mpg was on a good day. I have never seen a pickup get such lousy mpgs before or since. I bought it from him and drove it for about 2 months. Traded it for a Ford with a 300 six. Now that thing got some great gas mileage. I drove it for a long while.

Anyway, enjoy the build and keep your hands busy.

Taos, is a pretty cool place. Been there many times. The Res is one of the most beautiful places in the country.

Gotta love those Silverback Elk!