View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 08:02 PM   #104
chewiebarker

Re: 1971 K20 Rat Rod Resurrection

Sorry didn't see the email. I half-hearted listed it. So much to fix I just don't know what to do. In the meantime I will move forward.

Like today! Finally! I fixed something that actually mattered on this beast! I got an MTS poly fuel tank on Ebay for $170 delivered. I had an LMC sending unit that the previous owner gave me when I bought the truck. Spent a few hours today getting the old tank out (which looks original to the truck) and the new one in, hooked up, and fueled! Success! Now I know what12 gallons of gas looks like on the fuel gauge (see pic)!!!

The old tank was in pretty bad shape and leaking from the seams. Also, I spilled a little fuel getting it out - and it was slick and blackish. No wonder I couldn't get any oomph when I stepped on the go pedal....

Once the clean fuel was in, the truck started right up, no more choppy start, and the tone of the engine/pipes is totally better now. Much smoother! The engine revs up and winds down without any glug. There is a noticeable snappiness to the acceleration as well! If anyone is driving around with an old tank, I highly recommend swapping out. Your engine will love you for it!
Attached Images

MY 'BUILD' THREAD: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=618915
chewiebarker is offline   Reply With Quote