View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #224
bry593

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Thanks Chris. All I've got is the blue ATSG book, and I could not conclusively tell what all needed to happen to ensure this Frankenstein would come alive.

Will be ordering the 700-p along with a few other things I lacked the foresight to buy the first time. I swear, I've ordered four separate times and still need more parts. Been working on this for three weeks, mostly waiting on parts.

So, I guess I'm okay using the wave in the reverse input? Can't see why it would be a problem so long as clearance checks out.

Do you think the M30 3/4 stack will be okay behind my 6.8 liter motor? It's out of breath by 4500rpm but makes gobs of torque down low. I've got to order more parts and could pick up another high energy fiber and some .076 steels....

I installed a Trans-go 700 sk-jr. I have a question about Gil's 1/2 accumulator spring set up. He has springs on both sides of the piston, presumably to reduce overall piston stroke to bottom. Is this a good idea or should I use a purple sonnax along with stock inner? I plan to disable 3/4 accumulator by reversing spring and piston.

I will be installing a vette servo along with a sonnax .471 boost and pressure spring. I'm looking for driver quality shifts at driver throttle, and firm shifts wide open.

By the way, and I'll probably get roasted for this but.... My input shaft was leaking at the drum. I heated assembly in the oven and pressed the shaft out. Seeing that there was only about 3/16 engagement to the top of the 3/4 drum feed hole, I knew green loctite wasn't an option. So, I Scotchbrited the drum and shaft and then reheated drum to 400F. Pulled out of oven, coated shaft and drum with acid flux and literally dropped the shaft into the drum. I then used high strength solder with a 480F flow to bond the components. After peening all the piston and drum check balls with a drift, I've got 100℅ sealing at 40psi. Time will tell how well it holds up, but it's got to be better than green loctite.

Last edited by bry593; 05-14-2016 at 06:18 PM.
bry593 is offline   Reply With Quote