View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
RockTonka

Our "What are we going to do?" 66 Suburban Build

Well, we weren't actively looking for a burb, but then this really clean "survivor" popped up on CL just a few hours away.

Some of yall' may have seen this thread, http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=506592 pop up a few nights ago...Thanks perro13

I called my boy immediately and the gears started spinning. We both recognized that this was a unique opportunity that shouldn't get away (I imagine a few of you were thinking the same).

We started chasing the owner that night but couldn't make contact until the next morning. After a couple calls back and forth, a plan was hatched to try and get it that night...we were anxious to move fast and lock it down if it was as clean as it looked in the ads.

It was a solid 4 hour drive from OKC to Quinlan, TX were the Burb was patiently waiting for us.

We arrived at the owner's place a bit past 9 p.m. and began crawling all over and under the burb with flashlights to see if there were any major issues that would prevent us from bringing it home. It really was cleaner than we had hoped for!!

What we got is a one owner, 66 Custom Cab Suburban with 67K miles. It was bought new by the current owners FIL who lightly used the burb in his carpentry business before parking it in the 90's due to health issues. He gave it to his SIL (current registered owner) last Oct. where it sat until now...hence my interpretation of being a practically one owner ride.

It has all three rows of seats, the third seat is in near pristine condition due to being pulled out and stored to create extra space. Basics are 283 w/ power glide, power brakes, all sliding windows (unbroken), clam shell rear doors, original wheels/hubcaps, custom cab trim, chrome front/rear bumpers, Al. grill...and so on. Everything is in exceptionally nice condition.

Beyond getting it running again, we don't really know what we're going to do with it...just knew we had to have it.

Anyway, enough rambling...how about some pics!
Attached Images

1966 "Not-So-Original" Chevy Custom Trim Suburban
My Time-Killing Project Truck

1966 GMC Extended cab 1 1/4 ton 4X4
My Son's build thread

Last edited by RockTonka; 02-04-2012 at 02:43 AM.
RockTonka is offline   Reply With Quote