View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 02:13 PM   #2
bnorth

Re: 70 C10 One Piece at a Time

As usual the pics look better than it does in person but these trucks are getting really hard to find around here and are usually utter rusty junk or high asking prices for mediocre restorations. There's also a ton of C20's and GMC's for sale here in western Canada but I have always preferred the Chevy front clip and didn't want the hassle of dealing with rear leafs. This one was better than most I had looked at or seen for sale and the asking price was fair for how popular these trucks are now.

It's a pretty low optioned truck 292 4 spd no power steering or brakes. Someone had done a poor job on the cab corners and outer rockers but it was drivable and I drove it home 20km or ~15miles with no issues even getting up to 55mph on the secondary highway.

As I named the thread it's one piece at time so it stays a driver for the non-winter months here in the great white north. The plan, which is subject to change as they all are, is as follows: static 4/6 drop with bolt in C-notch, shortbed conversion, repair the bad rust, 71/72 grill, decent 4 wheel disc brakes, 6L/4L80e swap, sloppy 'don't BS me' turbo kit clone running on Holley Terminator X Max. Truck might get a factory two tone paintjob some day but will be shoptruck/ratty looking for long while first. I want to drive it and not worry about it or worry about my son hitting it with his bike or a puck in the garage.

Truck at home. My wife and her friend decided it looked like an Earl and I can live with that.
Attached Images