View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #111
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

Been a busy couple of weeks as of late, but rain today shuts down my harvest activities, so I have a few minutes to do a little updating....that and being a Federal employee who is currently furloughed helps too

Was able to mock up the radiator and looks like everything is going to work correctly with this radiator nad the LS motor. It is a radiator out of a mid 90's chevy pickup. I was able to use the donor Tahoe radiator hoses and just cut about 2" off the lower hose to get the fit I wanted.

Also got the steering column sanded, painted and installed and cleaned up my steering wheel. The bad thing is I ordered a "sure fit" shift linkage kit and to was too short, so I am going to have to lengthen the connecting rod to get the thing to work with my 4L60E.

Also found a screaming deal on a set of 295/40/20 Toyo Proxies that were 95% tread...for $50!! So I went ahead and grabbed those and also bought some new front tires and got everything mounted up.....

What I found out is the narrrow rearend from a 69 that has been converted to 5x5 with Moser shafts and a disk brake conversion and 295's on a 20x10 rim with 5.5 BS is just a touch too wide to tuck without rubbing on a stepper bed. The options I am thinking now is either
1. bring the rims in and have them milled down on the backside of the mounting surface by about 1/8-1/4" if there is that much there to take off witout compromising structural integrity
2. mill 1/8" off the face of the brake rotor mounting surface
3. cut and fold the inner fender lip on the stepper bed
4. cut and widen the whole stepper bed fender by @ 1/2" each side
.....all are viable options, but needing to assess the cost and feasibility involved in each.

I also received my computer and harness yesterday from S&S Performance. I am hoping to get it installed in the next few weeks and see if we can get this thing to come to life!

Cheese "loving the rims and stance!" Man