Thread: 67 Camaro Build
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 11:35 AM   #320
CAMAROBOY68SS

Re: 67 Camaro Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
Got a new set of seat belts for the Camaro. My research (link) found 1967 is unique in that the standard configuration only came with 4 lap belts, 2 up front and 2 in the back, rather than the usual 3 in back. Also, the 67 Camaro was the only year with either the Fisher Body carriage or the GM release button in the standard buckle. The deluxe buckle came with the Fisher Body carriage only in 67. Our 55-year-old standard buckle originals have seen better days, but we only had 4 of them, and they did have the carriage buttons.

For whatever reason, some vendors lost or didn’t renew the GM License and now use a starburst on the release button. The OER set ordered came this way and Mr. Picky Pants (yep, that would be me ) wasn’t having it. I did locate some carriage buttons from another vendor and swapped them out. In addition, a not so stock looking tag attached with white thread was just not going to fly either. Tags are gone, and the seat belts got a done stamp and went back in the boxes for later.

http://www.camaros.org/seatbelt.shtml
I was laughing a little at this, because I can confirm all of this from having a couple of 67 and 68's. I have always found the middle belt in the rear seat to be funny because I have never been able to shove 3 people in the back of my 68 and that middle area has really no spring or foam there. Your pretty much riding on the tunnel.

All the 67s that have passed through me all had the carriage in the buckle. I will say with that hokey tag on the belt, at least the put in the about the same area as the originals had their tags.

Love camaros.org. lots of great info and a decent forum as well.

C10 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=833278

The "Others"
1933 Ford Pickup (Camaro in disguise)
2017 Camaro SS

Life long Chevy guy
CAMAROBOY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote