View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 08:57 AM   #3270
KW5413

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Agreed. Way back when I was learning the ropes, some guys had knowledge they refused to share with the new guy. That attitude never made sense to me. After I learned a few things, I would gladly pass it along to anyone who would listen. I figured if others were able to do things themselves without pestering someone else (like me), my job just became that much easier.
I moved into management at a young age, and I was very blessed to have three great mentors in my early years.

I always strived to train / develop people to be able to take my job. I never wanted a boss to tell me I couldn't be promoted because no one was ready to fulfil my roll. I encouraged those I was training to look beyond me to enhance their learning. If I kept my mind open, I often learned from them. That philosophy never backfired on me.

For managers that reported to me, my highest priority for them was to make a damned decision. I was / am more likely to "counsel" somebody if they don't make a decision than if they make a wrong one. Decisions, good and bad, are great learning experiences. I don't have a lot of patience for people that don't have any B A double "Ls".
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote