View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #7
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Side trim mounting holes

Only problem with the assembly manual is it doesn't provide a starting point, otherwise know as initial reference points. For example, the top image (post 3) reads 30" & 10". 30" & 10" from where?

I'm definitely subscribed, because I'm adding uppers and lowers. This subject has come up many times over the years. Ideally, someone might provide the vertical and horizontal measures for the outer holes for one side of the truck (tops & bottoms) from definitive edges. For example:

The rear edge of the door to the center of the first hole is:
The bottom rear edge of the door to the center of the first hole is:
The front edge of the door to the center of the first hole is:
The bottom front edge of the door to the center of the first hole is:

Yeah, that's just one of 10 pieces, and images would go a long way. Takes some doing. Makes me want to tear off the moldings on my driver......

If ever someone could do this, then we'd all know the exact locations.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 01-24-2018 at 08:10 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote