View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 07:31 AM   #2084
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
I never knew about Corgi toys. I'm also partial to the Corgi pups as that's the only family pet my family had in the home. In the future, if I decide to get a dog, it'll be a corgi. Until then, I think I'm going to go buy a Corgi toy
We had a mutt and she was half Corgi. Looked like one but her coloring was off and she had floppy ears. Dear Dear was her name because she had coloring like a deer. She had more puppies than I can count. I'm also partial to them because they are from Wales and I have a chunk of Welsh in me. My great grandfather came from Wales. My grandfather's dad, on my mom's side. Her maiden name is Jenkins. I can't say I'm Welsh, I'm a mutt too!

That baby blue Riviera is going for $65! No box, which doesn't matter to me. I still have mine which is in "played with" condition. As far as I know they are the only one Corgi did this light think with. Kind of like fiber optics. On the ledge under the back window and on the dash are lenses to let light in. The rear one lights up the headlights and the front one does the tail lights. I could put my finger over one side of the lens on the dash to put the turn signal on. Pretty fascinating for a young boy. The two baby blues I saw pictures of have red interiors, mine has yellow. I wonder if mine is more rare yet. My real one had a blue interior. Definitely a nicer combo

Look up Corgi Toys. They made some cool cars. Mostly British or European. But they did a '59 Chevy I remember, and some others.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-21-2022 at 07:41 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote