View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
TheWhiteElephant
God is good!

Re: Brake bleeding help needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwillie 696969 View Post
left right it dont matter which side if you bleed the brakes my way you dont need anyone to pump the brakes but your self one man job ,you can do all 4 brakes at once too ,just make sure the master cylinder is full and dont let it go dry , you will need 4 snapple bottles empty ,4 rubber hoses long enuff to reach the bleeder to bottle 2 feet should do on each brake ,fill the bottles with new brake fluid 1/4 way up,and loosen the bleeder open ,put the hose on the end to the bleeder ,do this to all 4 brakes ,now pump the brake pedal until the air bubble stop blowing and brake fluid is filling up in the bottles ,make sure master cyl. is full so check very 5 pumps or so ,take your time gravity feed will take over when not pumping ,once you get fluid coming out and no bubbles ,close the bleeders and remove hose and bottle ,pedal should be nice a firm ,clean operation ,good way to flush system too
I will definitely try that method. However, I still need to check the lines for air bubbles while someone else is pumping the pedal, making this a two man job, correct?

Thanks for the tip.

M

"It takes a smart man to know when he's stupid." -- Barney Rubble

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430367
TheWhiteElephant is offline   Reply With Quote