View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 07:24 AM   #12
jasinger01

Re: 1969 GMC.. right off the farm

Once I got the CPP drop shackles in, I started messing around with the two different sets of leaf springs. The ones I had bought from a friend seemed to be in much better shape, so I ended up taking them apart, removing one leaf, installed new moog bushings, new center pin bolts, and new husky u bolts.

I messed around with removing two leafs, and it looked awesome, but it was too low and would have been lower than the front. Probably wouldn't ride great that way either.

I got some barely used tires on marketplace and had them mounted up. They are 275/60/15 and 235/60/15. The front are definitely a little shorter than I would like but they were a great deal and I figured I would run them for a little while.

With the new tires, the height from the ground to the center of the fender arch in the front is 29 3/4" (thinking this might settle a little) and the rear is 31". They previously measured 35" at the start.

I found this amazing condition GMC core support locally, as my previous one had rust on the battery side.

Hard to get a great view while it is still in the barn, but I'll be rolling it out soon to get a better look.
Attached Images

jasinger01 is offline   Reply With Quote