View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #39
McDeezl

Re: '72 GMC long/fleet in Ottawa area

So back to body and paint, running out of excuses and finding other things to tackle, just do it. Can you sense the void in motivation for body and paint?? I did get the doors done and they're painted complete orange/white. Next step is shoot the white sections on the cab and then clear coat it. Doing single stage with clear on top of that mainly due to durability issues with SS alone. Find that it chips and scratches if you as much as look at it sideways. Then mount the doors, then line up the fenders and gap everything so I can get the lines for paint/trim on the fenders ... doors and cab already have factory holes which should help. Once the lines are done for the fenders take them off and paint/clear those then put em back on. Then we get to the hood ... I now have 3 hoods for this thing. One is the original from yellow truck which is trash, got one last year that looked ok but after I got it blasted and epoxy primed found one front corner badly banged in that had about 3/4" of mud over it (no kidding) and got another one this winter that is all original (zero mud) with GMC holes with surface rust only. Can't say I don't have options!
Attached Images