View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 04:55 PM   #84
KMC3420

Re: Project: Montezuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by May70 View Post
Ah, I thought I put more info up on that subject. As post #46 mentioned, the stamp for the high hump pan is wrong where the inner rocker channel sits. It sits too tall by more than 3/8". I measured 4 factory cabs at a friends house and all the measurements showed a 3/8" average difference. When measuring 3 places from front to back (between the roof drip edge and the inner rocker ledge).

For what ever reason the section on the sides of the floor than angles down, is not identical to the factory and causes the inner rocker ledge (where the top of the outer rocker sits) too high.

That is the reason I elected just to cut it out and make my own to fit the outer rocker (once they are mocked up).

I can only assume the regular floor repro does not have that issue because I have not found anyone that documented having to do this. Usually the only fix in that area is opening up the curves at the front/back where the outer rocker needs more clearance.
That makes sense as I have seen a few other threads with floor replacements and was not sure why you had such issues with yours. That is why I asked if you cut your inner rocker off your new pan, but it makes sense now. I sure hope I dont have to do as much cutting as you do, kind of takes the fun out of using a whole floor