Thread: Rod Run
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 11:09 PM   #42
Getter-Done

Re: Rod Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
I’m glad to see someone posting the positive side o the “Rod Run”, and I really hope those who attended had a good time.
I live 15 miles East of PF, and if one were to believe the media coverage, it was a drunken debacle with guns involved
Those who came to attend the Run were the enthusiasts that respect others and share the common love of beautiful cars and trucks.
Then there are those who come just to treat the weekend like Spring Break and deliberately cause trouble.
The reports I’m getting are despicable, even if they were HALF true.
I sincerely hope that the promoters of the Rod Run don’t stop holding the event, but something HAS to be done to stop these delinquents from ruining it for everyone. Their chosen actions and antics are both DANGEROUS and DISRESPECTFUL to others.
Seeing what these clowns are “Getting Away” with today, with the sagged trucks, flashing light, Drag racing on crowded streets, stereos so loud that the drown out Emergency Vehicles, is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!
I remember when I was a kid, getting “pulled over” one night back in 1982, because the “Red Light” in my Hood Scoop could be seen by oncoming traffic (it was cool, I had a red light hooked to the coil, it would get bright or dimmer with the engine RPM. My Hot Rod Buddies loved it), because the PO said “it could be mistaken for an Emergency Vehicle.” What the Hell is going on nowadays?

Ok, I’m done

I puchased a golf cart to ride the strip.

I rode the strip last year with that cart.

I was told the rules have changed for carts.

I hope to go to the Fall show. Without the cart.

I enjoy walking the strip / Because I had Great conversations with Chevy Truck owners

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote