View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 06:42 AM   #57
KevinK7

Re: Cruised abandoned Route 66 in Arizona

Kurt, I have to say Thanks (and THANKS again
I saw the subject title mentioning Route 66 (seeing the original post from 2020) and was like, "how did I miss this?" ...then find it is you (with even more fantastic pics) who brings this back on top.

A good friend and I drove Rt. 66 from Albuquerque to Needles and some of the best parts I thought were in Arizona. I've been out to my brother's (in Vegas, he's now in AZ) many times and I just never get tired of the scenery out there, simply amazing.
I do have a question, those closed sections of Rt66, are they "private property" or you/we allowed to 'explore'? The reason I ask is that when my buddy and I were out there (ironically) just outside Ash Fork we were about to go up a section, but decided not to since we didn't want a rancher chasing us off with a shotgun lol : )

Those photos of yours are incredible, the truck looks great and being on the old sections of 66 make it just that much cooler. Thank you again for sharing, I surely will never get tired of looking at pics like these, ...there is just something about the open-ness out there that intrigues me