View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 11:31 AM   #1
Thealien

Soft topper installed/review

I ordered the Soft topper a couple of months ago and it arrived on Saturday July 3rd.

I had to open a couple (and add a couple) of holes on the bed rails. You probably don't have to do this but I wanted to use the single wall captive nuts so I didn't have to take off the inner side panels to install (or if I want or need to remove).

I struggled to get the brackets installed on the rubber door and top seal. The holes were a bit off and the bracket was hitting the plastic door cap when closed. I tried a bunch of different ways and ended up cutting some of the bracket and enlarging the holes a little. Here is how it looks installed. I will post a picture with the door closed to show the interference.

Here is how it looks around a closed window. I can open and close the door with the widow up. It actually fits better than the picture but I didn't have the rear straps pulled tight and it is sagging a bit.

A couple of the top up. You can take the wrinkles out by tightening the rear straps and the middle straps. I was putting the Blazer away so I didn't care at the moment.

And with the sides rolled up.

Thealien is online now   Reply With Quote