Thread: 47-59 Deals on returned items
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 08:25 PM   #4
mr48chev

Re: Deals on returned items

If the guy wasn't that bright he may have had it plugged into and extension cord that wouldn't carry the amps or even had house wiring that wouldn't handle the amps and kicked the breaker.
I fought with a pressure washer on the dairy I worked on 25 years ago for most of a day because it would kick it's breaker in it's plug out. Drug the thing to the shop to try and figure it out, plugged it into a plug in in the shop and hooked a hose to it and it fired right up and worked perfect. Come to find out the wire running out to the plug in where the boss wanted the guys to wash the equipment wasn't up to the load that the pressure washer put on it. It was about equal to a 16 gauge extension cord and may have been. Here at the house my normal extension cord won't fire up my 8 gallon HF air compressor if it sits for a while. It will fire right up if I plug it in in the garage and run it for a few minutes then it will work on the extenson cord. There is a good chance that among other mistakes that guy was trying to use a light weight extension cord along with the wrong drive wheel. Bad part is that the instrctions for switching the drive wheels around for what wire you use are right on the inside of the lid for the wire.

Another place to bargain hunt if you shop Amazon is over in the "other buying options" section for some things. I've bought a number of things that came in boxes that were damaged but put inside and Amazon box to ship for serous discounts. These jack stands are just and example.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote