View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #17
Smooth1SITF

My 1969 Chevrolet C-10 Short Bed/SWB Fleetside Pickup

Ok, here is an update. It's a couple of weeks old but I have been a bit busy to update it. So, with all due, here we go:

Couple of weeks ago I got some help from Ruben Sanchez, Richard Garcia and Jose Sanchez Jr getting the bed off. Another step closer to getting the truck stripped down and ready for the frame to get powder coated.

Frame is in decent condition. Small dent in rear cross-member that possibly can be taken out and replaced.

There are new springs that appear to have been replaced not too long ago. See the wrench laying on top? It was found still connected to the bolt that holds the right spring in.

Another view of the rear showing the minor damage to the cross member on the frame. Should not affect the integrity of the frame. Suggestions or ideas?

Engine: Currently - 350 / Proj Finish - 454 - Transmission: Currently - Muncie on the floor / Estimated to Finish - TBD - Bed: Currently Short Bed Fleetside w/Steel Floor / Finish - Short Bed Fleetside w/Red Oak Wood Floor & Matching Interchangeable Short Bed Stepside w/Red Oak Wood Floor
Smooth1SITF is offline   Reply With Quote