View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 10:03 AM   #3
TrybalRage

Re: C10 Towing - feedback wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
I've pulled my share of loads over the yrs..I've pushed the limits more times than I care to admit..
I pulled a racecar all over the place, as well as loaded horse trailers,campers ,4 wheelers,you name, it I pulled it with my bone stock 85 with a 305 and 2.73s
Truck wise you have a solid setup...but I'd say at 6500 ,your probably at the upper limits I'd feel comfortable with..
I pulled a tractor on trailer that weighed in around 7000 with my 99..although it pulled it just fine you could tell I was overloaded..wound up adding airbag helpers to the truck..
the bigger boats I've pulled have surge brake type hitches on them..those work great...are yours elec or surge?
Current trailer are surge. But I'm looking to replace it at the end of the year, so not sure what the new one would come with. I haven't actually towed the thing anywhere yet, I left it at the marina last winter sitting on the trailer.

Yeah, in my head I'm thinking 5k is more of a 'safe' load for this truck. I've seen how the frames on these things can deflect, they're just not built like newer half tons.

I think there's also a difference between a <30 minute drive and a 3 hour drive.

Other option is to talk the wife into getting one of those C30 crew duallies I drool over

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote