View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
sjburk

Carburetor leaking fuel overflowing

1967 GMC C1500 1/2 Ton I6 250ci
I replaced my accelerator pump yesterday on my Rochester B 1 barrel carb and when I put the carb back together the engine wouldn't start. I looked and must have bent the float because the measurements were way off so I fixed that and then when I put it on the engine will run for a minute or two but then fuel leaks out of the hole where the throttle hooks up to the carb and then runs up through a hole where it depresses the accelerator pump. I tried setting the float differently and even set it where it's always closed but it still overflows and leaks. I replaced the needle and seat and set it where it was always closed and when I blow through the gas intake where the hose from the fuel pump hooks up to the carb I can hardly get any air through. Since I've set the needle and seat and float to always be closed the engine will start real slow and steadily get faster as if I'm pressing the pedal until it finally starts leaking so I know it's slowly filling up with gas I just have no idea how because the float is all the way up and the needle and seat are closed but still I get way too much fuel in the carb. Does anyone know where else it could be leaking from or if I just need a new carburetor?
sjburk is offline   Reply With Quote