View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 12:02 AM   #188
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Boy you dont mess around when it comes to stripping the paint off all the way to bare metal. You must have a good routine figured out.
yes sir.it's a lot of work,paint stripper, lots of sandpaper and extra coarse steel wool,and all because the guy who painted it,didn't follow instructions and leave the inside of the bed alone and not paint it.he spent zero time prepping inside the inside of the bed,painted over muddy footprints,dirt,oil,you name it.the original paint was fine,even with some scratches.the new paint and what little there was of it,looked horrible.i have been sending pictures to the man who is going to re-do it,asking advice.i had asked about the marks in the paint and how far did i have to go,he said i had to get to the other side of the scratches,i said ok but that's going to be bare metal,so be it.bare metal always takes such a nice coat of paint.it'll be worth it in the end.of course the farther i get into this mess,i discover how bad the first paint work was and when you think you've discovered all the mistakes,Shazam,another one pops up??while i was working in the corners of the bedsides where the tailgate closes to,i put a piece of tape along that edge where the tail light bezel would be,just to protect that edge,today i peeled the masking tape off,the new green paint came with it.zero time spent prepping.this jerk actually painted 2 vehicles for me,the first and last?never again.take care,Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote