View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #29
cableguy0

Re: If you like destruction -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh View Post
I took it to a more "reputable" machine shop after we tore it down, let me back up here a minute, during tear down we noticed the main bearings were scuffed some on the top side some on the bottom side. Then took it to the machine shop to check the line bore, now we found the problem, apparently the "other" shop was having some in house personal issues and the quality of work wasn't up to standards. After a phone call to them to discuss the line bore issue it still ended up being "my" problem. In the mean time they got the block corrected just waiting on the results of the crank, still may have to put a new crank in it.
I have been the person delivering the bad news more times than I ever wanted to. Its amazing how many shops do garbage work. It also reminds me why so many people don't trust shops or mechanics. I hate people that do sh!t work and I hate it even more when they just dismiss it as no big deal. If you take someones money in exchange for your work. Your work should be at least worth the money if not worth more. Often the places that shouldn't even be able to charge for their junk are the ones that overcharge and the guys that go above and beyond don't get compensated for everything they do. I guess it doesn't actually pay to be honest. I sleep ok at night though.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote