View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 12:45 AM   #18
tylordurben

Re: 1950 GMC Project...

thank you Longhair!

72BlckButy, trust me i will be updating this thread everyday i work on the truck, as today... see below.

thank you CAL 58 GMC, trucks nice and solid! i love coming up with tricks to hide things and run things certain ways, thats the fun parts of the build for me.

GRIMSS, plan is to do up the suspension and drive train, but leave the body with the original paint. hope this doesnt ban me but i posted 1 pic of my squareback. your noback looks like a fun car to cruise in.

the squareback:

now for an update...

was waiting for my friend, but he took too long so i went ahead and pulled the motor out myself. then i had him cut all the bolts that hold the bed in place (they were too rusty). so then we got the bed off. removed all the brake lines and cleaned some gunk of the chassis. oh, almost forgot also put the front leaf spring shackles on the rear leaf springs they are about 1" shorter and its FREE.

some pics...

some questions...

can i remove the brace on the rear chassis that looks like is there to hold the spare tire?

can i see some pics of rear airbag setups? i see that most people here are laying running boards with only "pipe" notches into the chassis and stock bed floors, so obviously the bags will need to be in front or behind the axles.

thanks!
Yaril
tylordurben is offline   Reply With Quote