Thread: IAC maybe?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #25
ChevyTech

Re: IAC maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_nut2001 View Post
I just put a new pressure regulator diaphram in my '89 & since the kit came with all the gaskets & o-rings I went ahead & cleaned everything & installed all of the new o-rings, filters & gaskets. Well, it cured my hard startin when cold but now after it warms up & I shut it off for a few min., when I try to start it back up it's flooded. Do you think I damaged the IAC or maybe have a leaky injector now? It has never done this before. Thanks & I don't mean to hi-jack this fellers thread.
Immediately after you shut off the engine look at the TBI unit and see if fuel is leaking.

A damaged injector o-ring can allow fuel to dip in the throttle bore. A gasket leak can on the upper TBI also cause this problem.

Another problem is that the TBI unit is thin by the injector o-rings, and if lube is not used on the o-rings, sometimes the TBI aluminum cracks in the area of the o-ring.

Another possibility is the coolant temp sensor connector is in poor condition and got bumped when you were working under the hood. Any resistance or connection problem will make it read colder then it really is. Colder means more gas gets injected.
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote