View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #17
98layinframe

Re: Current S10 build project 350 swap and 4" bodydrop

before the tires were mounted, but shows how far the rearend needs narrowed down in order to squeeze these up inside the bedsides.

couldnt resist slapping them on the daily real quick just to see how far they stuck out. Would cut the **** out of the tire the second i hit a bump.. but they fit on surprisingly.

then this past weekend, sat night about 8pm the truck started out looking like this.

then by midnight... it looked like this.

motor out.

cab lifted off.

now with the frame ready, we flipped it over. lots of welding to do and id much rather work from top instead of laying on my back trying to avoid a bunch of splatter landing on me. Thanks to my buddy Doug for the help in this endeavor.

frame flipped and ready for some welding. I did lift it back up and leveled it out on a bunch of jackstands... but didnt get a pic.

lastly started working on the frame horn bracing. Had to cut the bottom of the horn off so it would lay out. The rounded fillers are just for looks... kinda a little more stock looking.

Hooked up a little electric furnace that my buddy got for me when he was remodeling an apartment complex... All i know is it draws 30 amp at 220v so I guess its around 50 - 60,000 btu. The thing stood about 4 foot tall originally, so i removed all the A/C components and cut the cabinet down as much as possible and moved the filter to the side of the unit instead of the top. My garage is seperate from the house, and was a lovely 23* here the other night. When i got home I went out to the garage and turned the furnace on, then came back in to grab a bit for dinner, and when i went back out 40 mins later the garage was at 62*

Well I worked a little more tonight, and got the frame horns all finished up. Took some 1/8" plate put 2 bends in it and blew some welds down.

I really wanted the option to keep the sway bar, so thats why the side plates stop where they do and then bottom filler doesn't follow the side plates all the way down.

98layinframe is offline   Reply With Quote