Thread: Meet Ginger.
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #143
jimmydean

Re: Meet Ginger.

I know most don't see a theme building here, so I will let you all know my master plan.

The plan from the start was to build a Cadillac trim truck. I love Cadillac's and wanted a truck that was plush like one. I didn't care for the Escalade interiors, so I went with the newer DTS as a model for the interior. The plan took a drastic turn when my best friend bought an '05 Corvette with 6 speed. I fell in love.

I started looking at what an LS1/T56 would run. Then a month after he bought the Corvette, he traded his wifes Honda Civic for an '05 CTS-V. If you don't know the CTS-V, it's an LS2/T56 4 door Cadillac with 4 POT Brembo disc brakes (Same as the C5 Z06, I think).

So now you have it. Not only is my goal a Cadillac truck, but a somewhat modified version of a V series Cadillac using Porterbuilt C4 hardware.

66 C10 body + 94 Corvette running gear + 08 DTS interior = My dream old man truck.

Now lets see if I can pull this off.

Thanks all for watching.

I even have my own logo for this build.

<edit>
I also blame Rob at NoLimit for his "Make it handle" thread and Nate Porter for building the sickest suspension system for a truck. I wouldn't try to engineer something like this on my own. This is almost entirely bolt on awesomeness. Driving this C4 motivates me to get the truck built.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210

Last edited by jimmydean; 02-07-2012 at 07:11 PM.
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote