View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 11:56 PM   #64
jarrodblake

Re: 1970 C30 Car hauler Buildish thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
This is one of the Coolest builds on this site. i love it.
Thanks! It's coming along Hopefully next week I will be able to start it for the first time. I have a video of the the engine running in the donor truck, but I have not had it running myself yet. It will be a NA start as I don't have a intercooler or piping yet and no down pipe.

I wirewheeled the exhaust manifold and painted it. I'm still waiting on extended studs as I am going to have to run a 1/2 spacer for the turbo to clear the manifold. I tried chearincing the manifold with the grinder but the manifold was really thin there. It was mabe 1/8 thick so I had to reweld it with stainless wire to fill it back in hopefully it does not crack.

IMAG2862 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2869 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I got the front shocks in they are just KYB replacements.

IMAG2868 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

Since I am waiting on amazon

I decided to paint the hood I plan on getting a new hood at some point. But for now I'm going to use the old one. I really wanted to keep the patina on the hood but I don't want a white hood on the truck. I have been thinking about doing this for awhile now I did not know how it would turn out But I think it turned out great. I took a paint brush and a old bucket of grease and used the paint brush to paint on grease where I wanted to keep the original patina. Then I painted the whole hood green then pressure washed off all the grease that was covering the original patina. I think it came out great.

Befor

IMAG2863 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2864 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2865 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2866 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

After, the pressure washer added a little more patina as some of the paint chipped off but it still has its original 50 years of patina

IMAG2872 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2873 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2874 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

I also added some fake patina to the fenders

IMAG2867 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote