View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 07:53 AM   #108
thetucks

Re: 1972 Chevy Pickup Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Dually View Post
Just read through the whole blog, great job so far. I'm starting something similar, but I'm going to lower mine. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post8055452

I really like the solution for the firewall. Once I get to that stage I will be doing a ton of measurements! What other major issues have you run into so far that I need to keep in mind while doing mine? Just looking for some input.

Thanks in advance!

If I had to do it over again I probably would not have went with the tahoe factory air box and used vintage air instead. I just really wanted to incorporate the dual heat and air into the 72 chevy truck. The downside is that it takes up all the room behind the dash and you have to relocate almost everything in the dash panel. There wont be much of a glove box area either. I am building a custom center console to house everything that that was in the dash before. I did start a console already but have decided to scrap that one and went with a whole new design. Ive been working a lot lately and only have a few hours a week to work on the truck. And on top of that we leave today to go on a cruise for a week. Ive rebuilt several of these trucks and they are fun to do, but this is the first conversion I have done. Im just learning as I go and hope it all is killer when Im finished. If you have any questions just ask and ill help anyway I can.
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote