View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 08:21 PM   #204
daveshilling

Re: 1958 Apache Big Window Loooooong Bed "Lucky"

Well I don't have a working Transmission yet, but that wont stop me from making progress.

Time to mock up an exhaust.

I got some downpipes from the junkyard, and had to cut one and re-angle it. I added a little pie-cut pipe slice to the gap and it angled much better underneath the truck

I bought 2.5" kit on ebay and ended up using only the straight pieces, so far.. I may end up needing little else depending on where i route this exhaust to exit.

I read that an H Pipe produced a better sound and I liked that it created a one-piece back half of the exhaust. It came with a spare 24" tube that was the perfect amount to join to the manifold downpipes I made, just using 12" sections for each.

I bought some Magnaflow straight-through mufflers... even on this little 4.8L it sounds awesome. Check out the Amazon Used deals... I got one for $40 and it was damn near new.

I used some clamps to connect it up to the downpipes so it can be removed if needed, and I have the mufflers just up on jackstands for now, while I figure out what I want the hangers to look like. I like the Welder Series hangers, and may go that route.
Attached Images

daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote